Guidelines and Principles
Guidelines for Being a PSP Volunteer:
- You should be over the age of 18.
- You should agree to our principles (see below)
- You must go through our training (held in Beit Ommar)
- It is recommended that you have prior activist experience in non-violent direct action, but if you don’t, come ready to learn!
- All internationals agree to respect traditional Palestinian culture. For example, internationals will dress appropriately (long-sleeves for women, no shorts or skirts, loose-fitting), not engage in sexual activity, drink alcohol or use drugs while volunteering with PSP.
- We must agree to be led by our Palestinian committee. Your views, ideas, and creativity are wanted and needed; but final decisions about what actions or activities we make are decided by the Palestinian committee.
- We agree to respect each other at all times. We as internationals agree not to act in racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic ways, even if we encounter these behaviors within Palestinian society.
- We agree that our purpose in joining PSP is to be of service to Palestinian communities in resistance. We are willing to put the needs of the Palestinian communities ahead of our personal projects or aims when possible.
- We must be committed to using only non-violent methods to demonstrate. This means not using aggressive physical force against anyone.